It’s a Friday night, and you remember the days when you used to party like its 1999. Realizing that those days are now over because you’re saved and no longer partake in certain practices, you wonder what to do? Does life automatically become boring when you become a Christian? Of course not! There are many alternatives to enjoy yourself where you’re not compromising your faith or placing yourself in the position to do so. Need help? Here are some ideas below:
- Go Bowling – Who doesn’t like to bowl? This sport is sure to bring out your competitive side (all in good fun of course) and help you to brush up on your aim too. If you’ve never been, it’s time to try something new!
- Invite a few friends over for game night – Game night with friends is always enjoyable. Whether its card games, board games, or games that stimulate your intellectual mind have fun interacting with the people you love.
- Go sight-seeing – Think about the city you live in and how much of it you’ve really seen. Especially those landmark areas that tourist are eager to visit. Take advantage of the scenery around you and get to know your city better.
- Have a cookout – If you’re good on the grill or know a friend who is, suggest having a cookout and enjoy some good food and warm sun.
- Movie night at your house – Maybe you and your friends have a certain favorite movie in common, or perhaps there is a movie that you think is a must see. You can bring the theatre to your house by renting a few DVD”s and watching it with friends in the comfort of your home. Don’t forget the snacks!
- Go to a live sports game – What’s better than witnessing anything live? Especially if you’re a die-hard sports fan. Treat yourself to a live sports game. The memory will last a lifetime.
- Gather friends to watch a major sports game – Maybe it’s not in your budget to purchase tickets to the Super Bowl, Playoff game, or World Series. No worries. Get a few snacks, order pizza and buffalo wings and invite your friends over to watch the game.
- Opt to see a play– Appreciate the arts through a theatre experience with friends. Chances are you will leave feeling inspired, and have had great laughs too!
- A visit to the museum– A trip to the museum is always educational and learning never goes out of style. Expand your knowledge on history through this trip.
10. Go out to eat at a credible restaurant – Enjoy great food and those interesting dinner conversations out with friends at your favorite spot.
11. Have a group bible study – Sound corny? You’d be surprised to find how enriching and fulfilling this experience can be.
12. Take a road trip – Visit your neighboring state with friends for a major event.
13. Go on vacation – The world is too vast for you not to expand your horizons outside of your city, state, and country. Not sure where to go? A little research won’t hurt. Go away with your favorite traveling buddies. And see the beautiful world that the God you serve created.
14. A day of shopping – Go to the mall for a few hours of shopping. Guys and girls can split up, or shop together. But whatever you choose, please, shop responsibly!
15. Go to the park – Ahhh nature. Enjoy the air, the flowers, the grass, the trees, the ponds, and everything else your local park has to offer. Sometimes it’s the simple things in life that remind you how great life really is.
16. Go to an open mic – Do you enjoy live music? Poetry maybe? Get together with friends who enjoy listening to inspirational words and beautiful music.
Of course the fun doesn’t end here. Ladies and gents, please feel free to add to the list!
Written by: Shenelle Wallace